Here is a quick summary on Norwegian gun laws:
- Ban on "Big Boomers".
- Most demonstrate a need in order to own a firearm. Self-defense not accepted.
- Limits on how much ammo an individual can own.
- Safe storage laws.
- Ban on private sales of firearms.
- Ban on carrying for self-defense.
- Mandatory training.
- Ban on automatic weapons.
- Assorted malum prohibitum.
It reads like a Brady/VPC/CSGV wish list, yet it did nothing to stop the blood-thirsty maniac. That's because you can't legislate away crazy. It will be interesting to see if there will be a knee jerk change in Norway's gun laws because of this tragedy. The Fins are already preparing to clamp down in gun owners.