Monday, July 26, 2010

One more gun free zone and why I am now a Walmart shopper.

Anyone who lives in Oklahoma City should be familiar with the Buy For Less chain of grocery stores. They've been around for quite a while and they're one of the few locally owned businesses to survive the onslaught of Walmart.

On my latest trip, I discovered a new policy of theirs:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

To their credit, they have provided armed security inside of the store. However, once you're outside the store, no security is provided. You're on your own between their door and your car door.

So rather than break the rules and continue carrying my weapons into the store or inconvenience myself by disarming in the parking lot, I will shop at my local Walmart where such a sign is not posted. And i will encourage my gun carrying friends to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment